For some, tomorrow may be too late. Sports Traider and the viral #jump4health campaign are dedicated to local communities, giving often disadvantaged youth the antidote to stress, the opportunity to learn sport, develop social skills and gain vital work experience which can help to reshape their lives.
Lance Haggith is former BBC Sports Unsung Hero and founder of UK charity Sports Traider. During the pandemic, his charity has seen a significant increase in the number of people who are struggling with depression and anxiety. He launched the now viral #jump4health campaign in response; to provide support and to offer a healthy antidote to anxiety and depression through sports.
- Jumping rope can burn 200 to 300 calories in 15 minutes
- Improves co-ordination
- Improves heart health
- Strengthens bone density
- Makes you more mentally alert
SPORTING HEROES, SCHOOLS, NURSES, social media influencers, the #jumprope community and YOU. Thank you to everyone who has donated & shared videos to encourage others to jump to it. From London to Norway to California and beyond!
Help us get people back on their feet.
- Post a 20 second skipping clip on your social media.
- Tag us using #jump4health and #sportstraider. We’ll be sharing your clips across our social platforms.
- Donate via Text giving to help make UK sport a level playing field. Send JUMP4HEALTH to 70460 to donate £5 or via our Virgin Money Page.
- Buy your very own T-shirt and rope here.
All donations to The Jump4Health Giving Page go towards the support services offered through the charity.*